Monday, March 22, 2010

A Good Day At Work? For Real?

There were so many reasons why today could have sucked majorly. For one thing, we've had unusually warm weather this past weekend, but they left the heat on at work. At least, that's why we all suspect it's so much hotter than usual. I felt like I was going to hyperventilate on Friday. Today I found I was holding my breath a lot because I was having trouble breathing. I was sweating more than usual. It was terrible. I was working right over the grill for most of my shift and it was just awful. I walked into the kitchen every chance I got and stood by the ice machine. Who knew the KITCHEN would make me feel better? I almost asked to go take a quick break as I felt like I might pass out, but thankfully I didn't.

Despite that, I had a good day. I'm starting to learn to just relax and chill out. As a result, I was happier and did a better job, got along better with the customers, was able to clean the grill in between orders and not get too overwhelmed. Not once did I think about running into the dish room to hide. This is a very unique experience for me during Monday and Friday lunch rushes.

I feel like I can go back to work on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and not feel anxious. Normally I don't except when I line cook for lunch; in fact, most of the time I look forward to going. I guess I should consider myself lucky. =-)

Special thanks to all my buddies on RHU.com for helping me out! You guys are truly the greatest.

No comments:

Post a Comment