Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Recipe for Disaster

On Monday night, I had the privilege of working in a new area that I hadn't worked in previously. I spent my Monday making pannini sandwiches and wraps for people. We didn't get very busy, and my coworker was really awesome. The night went quickly too, so I had an overall good experience. I just have to bitch about one thing though (because that's what I do). =)

When customers place their orders, they take a slip of paper and circle what they want: what type of bread / wrap they want, what they want on it (Italian, turkey & bacon, etc.,) and any special instructions (no sauce, extra tomatoes, etc.) This is where disaster strikes. The first thing they need to do is circle "for here" or "to go" but about a third of them leave this blank (a few people write "to go" under the special instructions: it drives me nuts but at least they wrote it at all), and a whole bunch of people don't even write their names. So then I have to yell out their orders and when they come up expecting their food, I have to ask if they want it for here or to go and they have to wait for me to get their sandwich out of the oven and put it in the correct packaging.

It's really not that big of a deal, but after a while it starts driving me insane. People, all you have to do is fill out a little slip of paper! Do not over complicate this too!!!

1 comment:

  1. Why can't they write it down, or do what they are supposed to do?

    Simple, it makes too much sense. Its why they don't do anything obvious. At least that's our favorite excuse where I work.

    BTW, you know me from RHU as Twink.

    ReplyDelete