Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Unintentional Generosity of Customers

Greetings! Tonight I had a very good time at work. Everyone seemed to be in a good mood, maybe because it's almost Friday. And it was a very exhausting night as I was in charge of running stuff back and forth to the salad bars and, essentially, getting a work out. However, it all paid off at the end of the night.

Upon closing time, I set out to begin wiping the vast quantity of tables. Many customers were still eating, which meant that I and my two helping coworkers had to skip those tables (obviously) and come back later. Most tables were relatively tidy. But of course, these are customers we are talking about here, and most of them can be total slobs. Hence, I had to run trays full of food, including bowls of melted ice cream, half-eaten salads, and mostly full coffee mugs, to the dish room because the customers were too lazy and apparently this is what I get paid to do. Jerks.

It all paid off in the end though, because by the time I got to the last row of tables, I found a bunch of trash and two small cardboard boxes marked "carepackages.com" I looked inside and what did I find? A bag of Doritos, a bag of Chips Ahoy cookies, smarties, chocolate, Mr. Goodbars, and some peanut chewy bars. Free food!!!! And nowhere in the rules does it say I can't take non-work prepared food that has been rejected by lazy customers. I took it back to my locker before finishing up the closing procedures as part of my commission for cleaning up their ice cream, empty dishes, paper napkins on the floors, etc.

I even gave one of the chewy bars to a coworker because I don't like them but he does! :-)

Funny how sometimes the customers try to be rude slobs but end up feeding a starving employee by accident. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment